Grow your business by advertising on MSN, Xbox, and more!
I know we say it every year, but ad:tech UK at London’s Olympia is genuinely getting bigger and better!
As Tim Kimber (Microsoft Advertising Industry Partner Marketing) said to me this afternoon while manning the Microsoft Advertising Search and Targeting stand:
“Everyone keeps telling me that it’s busier than last year and there’s a better quality of visitor because everyone is much clued up and engaged!”
Visitors to Microsoft stand 241 were mostly asking about the Yahoo! & Microsoft Search Alliance, how they could sign up with adCenter and get £30 of free PPC credit to spend on Bing and also learn more about Remessaging (Re-targeting).
What have been the main talking points today?
Mobile Apps, Display Innovation, Social Media, Search and Behaviour Targeting have all been hot topics today. My colleague and fellow blogger, Simone Schuurer, wrote a really great summary of some of the ‘buzziest’ free seminars.
Catchphrase of the day… ‘Social Media’
One of my favourite sessions this afternoon came from the Convert and Engage Theatre where Edward Cowell of Guava was talking about ‘The Rise of Search and Social Media Marketing: How they can Work Together for Your Business’.
Edward put out there a no-nonsense 10 point ‘go-do’ list for those striving to succeed in Social Media, I’d thought I’d share it with you below because I know most of you love a good actionable list just as much as me:
1. Monitor own and competitors marketing.
2. Develop a social media policy for staff.
3. Optimise your social media accounts.
4. Create great content in a variety of formats (video, forums, galleries, tutorials etc).
5. Get users to create content for you.
6. Optimise the site so that search engines (Bing/Yahoo/Google) get the most out of your pages.
7. Syndicate your content via RSS/XML feeds.
8. Encourage users to share your content with others (Facebook, Digg, Twitter buttons).
9. Promote own social media activities – strong brands rank higher in search engines and block out the competition while also protecting your brand.
10. Measure success using available metrics and analytics tools (bit.ly for tracking URLs etc).
More to follow tomorrow… 22 September 2010
Microsoft Advertising will be represented in abundance as we have three excellent and informative speakers lined up:
1. 10.00 – 10.30am: in the ad:tech conference Apex room we have Ashley Highfield, Managing Director & VP of Consumer and Online for Microsoft in the UK, will be presenting 'Innovation in Consumer and Advertiser Experiences'
2. 1.10 – 1.40pm: in the free ad:tech Engage & Convert Theatre we have Colm Bracken, Microsoft Advertising Group Search Manager, will be presenting 'Optimise Your Spend with Search & Targeting’
3. 4.40 – 5.00pm: in the ad:tech conference Apex room we have Cedric Chambaz, Microsoft Advertising Marketing Manager - Search & SMB, will be presenting the latest information on the 'Yahoo! And Microsoft Search Alliance’
For those who can't make their way to ad:tech London for day 2, make sure you're following us on Twitter @MSAdvertising for all the latest news and updates. Why not become fan of our Microsoft Advertising Facebook Page?
Follow us on Twitter @MSAdvertising | Find us on Facebook and YouTube | Share your thoughts in the Forums | Subscribe