Grow your business by advertising on MSN, Xbox, and more!
Colm Bracken from Microsoft Advertising was talking to a packed ‘Engage and Convert’ arena at ad:tech London about Microsoft Advertising Intelligence. What free insights can you expect from this tool and how can you apply these to improve conversions on your (search) marketing campaign?
Bracken explains you may have an idea of who your core audience is, but who connects with your brand on the fringes? What is it that they desire? When do they connect with you? Microsoft Advertising Intelligence, which works as a free add-in for Excel 2007, helps you to talk to the right people, at the right time with the right message.
What does it do?
In today’s seminar two functions were highlighted:
1. Trends and insights – it will tell you in detail when people look for a product or a service.
2. Age & gender – it will give you precise information on the age and gender split of your audience.
How do I apply this knowledge to increase conversions?
Microsoft Advertising Intelligence gives really useful insights for online, as well as offline campaigns, but here are some tips on how to apply the knowledge cleverly to PPC campaigns:
1. Use the seasonality data to plan your (search) campaigns in advance. The nature of PPC has it that CPCs peak after the peak in searches. Put your knowledge to good use by being ready for the peak in traffic when the CPCs are lower too.
2. Target by day of the week. Once you know your most successful day of the week, you can use exclusive or incremental targeting on your campaign in adCenter. Apart from day of the week you can also target geographical & metropolitan areas and time of day.
3. Use demographic information on your audience to target only men, only women (excremental targeting) or weigh up your spend on one of both without excluding the other gender (incremental targeting).
Ok tell me where I download this tool!
· Join adCenter to get started with setting up your PPC campaigns.
· Learn more about and download Microsoft Advertising Intelligence.
More to come!
Follow us on Twitter @MSAdvertising | Find us on Facebook and YouTube | Share your thoughts in the Forums | Subscribe